Are you, like others, curious about the fascinating properties of CBD? You’re definitely not alone. CBD is becoming extremely popular and people are taking it for a variety of reasons.
In fact, some of the most popular reasons people take CBD is following
- Pain reliever – CBD is a more natural way to address your pain issues
- Depression – some people use CBD to help offset their symptoms of depression
- Anxiety – a popular use of CBD is to use it to battle issues from anxiety
If you are unindoctrinated into the CBD trend and have no earthly idea what it even is, we’d be glad to give you some insight.
CBD is from the cannabidiol, which is what CBD is short for, and is an extract from the hemp plant.
However, unlike its familiar association marijuana, CBD does not contain the psychoactive component THC, which is the known ingredient to cause the “high” and euphoric effect.
Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s talk about why it’s healthy for your pets, especially CBD for dogs.
If you are worried that your dog may be expressing signs that they are depressed, it may be hard for you to pinpoint those signs.
Since we, unfortunately, cannot communicate verbally with our beloved dogs, the next best thing is to read into the signs they are showing that something may be off.
The below behaviors are reliable indicators that your dog may be stressed:
- Excessive chewing – if your dog has gone from normally chewing in their well-loved dog toys to checking on your favorite shoes or furniture, they are most like trying to chew their stress away.
- Lots of pacing – all dog owners know that dogs pace; whether they be because they need to go out or they are excited. However, excessive pacing could mean they are trying to walk the stress out of them.
- Aggression – if your once peaceful and playful pup is now going all aggro, this could definitely be stressful. Calm dogs don’t show aggression, so that should definitely be noted when observing your dog’s behavior.
- Disruption in the potty routine – calm dogs stick to schedules and routines, so if you notice your dog has been defecating or urinating out of their normal routine (such as in the house, on furniture, etc) that is also a big red flag.
By using CBD, you can help alleviate all of these stress behaviors in your dog.
Since CBD acts as a serotonin receptor for the brain, it can communicate to your dog’s body to start producing more serotonin, which is the ultimate mood booster.
Using dog CBD will get your best friend back to their normal, playful self.
Good for Overall Dog Health
Not only can CBD help calm your dog, but it can improve your dog’s overall health too.
CBD can also be used in the following ways for your dogs:
- Joint Injuries
- Reduces Tumors
- Pain Reliever
So while you are giving your dog CBD to help calm them, you will be helping them in other healthy ways as well.
Be Your Dog’s Health Advocate
Since a magical dog communicator has yet to be invented, we are at the mercy of our dog’s behavior to indicate their health.
As all dog owners know, this is a sobering fact when you can’t figure out what exactly is wrong with your furry family member and can’t stand to see them in pain.
However, as a dog owner, you know your dog better than anyone else and will do whatever it takes to keep them healthy.
By giving your dog CBD, you are not only ensuring their health for the present but improving their health so they can continue to live a long and happy life with you.